• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
To empower people and communities to improve health and social care services together

Making a complaint

Making an NHS complaint

Making a social care complaint

Making a complaint about mental health services

Get help to make your complaint heard

Need information?

Citizens Advice have produced a series of guides to help you make a complaint or raise a concern.

You can find out more about what's involved in making a complaint about a particular service and see what your next steps might be.

There are tips and tools such as letter templates and other practical resources to support you to make an effective complaint. You can also contact us to find out how to get help with making your complaint.

Tips & tools:
health service


Tips & tools:
adults social
care complaints

 GP complaints NHS dentist     





Other NHS      

 NHS hospital      
 Mental health




The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman and Healthwatch England launched a guide to help care providers see best practice in receiving and dealing with comments, complaints and feedback about their services. The new single complaints statement sets out what service users, their families and representatives can expect when making a complaint or leaving feedback.

Continue reading and access the statement and Easy Read version.

Need advocacy?

North East NHS Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) can help to explain the complaints process and has people who can assist you in making your complaint.

For more information about ICA read the North East ICA Leaflet or visit their website

How to contact ICA:
Email: ica@carersfederation.co.uk or Telephone: 0808 802 3000

ICA currently run a local appointment service

Did you know?


Subscribe to our news bulletin