Healthwatch Sunderland are looking to strengthen our Board and are currently seeking a motivated and focused
self-starter to join our successful team as a:
Healthwatch Sunderland Board Member
Voluntary: out of pocket expenses paid
The Board of Healthwatch Sunderland is seeking to recruit highly skilled and motivated individuals who have a real interest and passion for improving health and social care services, and welcomes enquiries from individuals interested in joining the organisation’s governing body which oversees the activity of Healthwatch Sunderland.
What experience can you bring, either in a professional or personal capacity, to help us improve the health and social care environment in Sunderland? We will welcome any applicants from a variety of backgrounds, and especially welcome enquiries from applicants with experience in the following areas; BME; Youth Engagement; Mental Health; and Primary Care.
Key knowledge / skills required:
- Experience of health and / or care services in Sunderland as either a patient or carer.
- Awareness of current health and social care issues facing residents in Sunderland, with an understanding of the role of relevant public bodies and how public engagement can
- influence them.
- High level of communication skills with the ability to engage with people in different
- capacities and with different communities.
- The ability to act on behalf of others at all levels of influence.