We are pleased to share with you our newly published Sunderland GP Extended Access Service Evaluation report.
This report looks at access to GP services across Sunderland with a focus on evaluating the GP Extended Access Service. This is a service that involves GP practices across Sunderland working together to provide routine appointments for patients in the evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Download our Sunderland GP Extended Access Service Evaluation Report
The Sunderland GP Alliance have responded the following to the report:
The GP Extended Access Service continuously looks to improve the service we provide to the patients of Sunderland and patient feedback helps us to do this. Working with Healthwatch Sunderland has given us a valuable insight into the experience of our patients and from the report Healthwatch has produced we plan to work on the following areas:
- Work with our partners in General Practice & Sunderland CCG to improve patient’s awareness of The Extended Access Service
- During appointments, make sure our patients are given information about The Extended Access Service to help them to use it again in the future
- Work with our partners in General Practice & NHS 111 to make booking an appointment with us easier for patients
- Help receptionists direct patients to the services they may need
- Give patients at each of our five ‘Hubs’ information on local pharmacies that are open