Getting your voice heard:
- Gathering the views of local people, patients, service users, carers and interested groups and making their about health and social care services and support views known.
- Involving local people in the scrutiny, commissioning and provision of local health and social care services.
Getting advice and information:
- Providing advice, information and signposting about health and care services to support local people to make the best possible choices about their care and support.
- Supporting people who wish to complain about these services.
Ensuring local people can influence how services are planned and delivered locally:
- Healthwatch Sunderland has statutory representation on the Health & Wellbeing Board and will represent local people on other key Partnership Boards, Scrutiny Committees and Clinical Commissioning Groups by agreement.
- Healthwatch Sunderland will also work closely with key local voluntary and community organisations, networks and forums and will develop collaborative links with GP & NHS Patient and Public Involvement Forums.
Healthwatch Sunderland will build a Healthwatch Network where representatives of service user, patient and carer groups and organisations can get involved, making their views heard.