New digital support group for bowel cancer patients
Chat Together is Bowel Cancer UKs free online support group for people living with and beyond bowel cancer. It's a welcoming place to talk to others with bowel cancer and to meet new people. It's a chance to share experiences in a safe, supportive and informal environment.
Chat Together is a chance for patients to virtually get together and support each other from the comfort of their own homes at this time of isolation. You just need a smartphone, tablet or computer with an internet connection and somewhere quiet to sit.
What patients can expect
- Chats take place once a week, via Zoom, over an eight week period.
- Choose between two Chat Together groups starting on:
Tuesday 26 January, 7-8pm OR
Wednesday 27 January, 1-2pm
Bowel Cancer UK are hosting a programme of chats throughout 2021 so if these dates don't suit, please register your interest and they'll be in touch with you.
- Chats are hosted by Bowel Cancer UK staff and their trained volunteers who've had bowel cancer themselves
How to sign up
Bowel cancer patients can join for Chat Together by registering on the Bowel Cancer UK website via this link: Chat Together
If you have any questions about Chat Together, they'd love to hear from you. You can get in touch by emailing Sarah Wix, at email@example.com
If you're not able to join, there are other ways where you can find help and support:
- Visit the Bowel Cancer UK online community - a place for anyone affected by bowel cancer to talk about their experiences, share their knowledge and support each other.
- Download their free publications that are full of expert information.
- Read all their support, guidance and information on coronavirus and bowel cancer
- Contact the Bowel Cancer UK nurses with any questions or concerns about bowel cancer.
- Read their Real Life Stories of people affected by the disease.