Mental health self-referral

Information on how you can self-refer if you have a common mental health problem such as anxiety or depression?
Screengrab from the video

Are you...

  • Feeling dizzy or faint?
  • Irritable?
  • Feeling worried all the time?
  • Have muscle tension or pain?
  • Losing your appetite and weight?
  • Losing concentration?
  • Difficulties sleeping or sleeping too much?

You may be showing some of the signs and symptoms of a common mental health problem such as anxiety or depression.

You don't have to visit your GP to get support.

Where can I go for support?

You can self-refer to the following local organisations which offer a range of support for age 16+ such as: counselling, support groups, listening services and wellbeing activities etc.

Sunderland Psychological Wellbeing Services

0191 566 5450

Washington Mind

0191 417 8043

Sunderland Mind

0191 5657218

Sunderland Counselling Service

0191 514 7007

Sunderland Recovery College

0191 553 2276

For a range of self-help information and local services visit,

If you are really worried about your symptoms do not hesitate to contact your GP

Share your thoughts

You can help make health and care services better by sharing your experiences and ideas.

Talk to us