Making a mental health complaint

If you have concerns about any aspect of your care, or the service you receive it is best to speak to a member of staff involved with your care.

Do you require support?

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service

If you require support to make a complaint the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICA) can offer both information and practical support:

0808 802 3000

Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm


If you have been detained under the Mental Health Act or if you have been assessed as ‘lacking capacity’ to make specific decisions then you can contact:

0300 303 1660

Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm

Who do I complain to about a mental health service?

Contact the Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear Trust Complaints Department:

0191 245 6672

Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm


The Patient Liaison Service (PALS) – offer confidential advice and support to help you to sort out any concerns about your care.

0191 566 7074 or Freephone: 0800 328 4397

Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm