B2b+ Young Parents
A young parents’ project, offering education, support and training opportunities to young mothers and mothers to be, aged 16–20. Our groups offer the opportunity to further your education, develop self-esteem and parenting skills, whilst empowering young people to make positive life choices for themselves and their children.
0191 5612381 / 07833567047
Growing health Sunderland
Growing health Sunderland provides an integrated public health service for expectant mothers, children and young people and their families in the city.
Growing Healthy Sunderland provides an integrated Public Health service for expectant mothers, children and young people and their families in the city. This includes:
- Provision of antenatal reviews from 28 weeks of pregnancy.
- Provision of all mandatory universal reviews.
- Provision of a 3-4 month review.
- Provision of school readiness review.
- Targeted support for teenage parents via the implementation of the Family Nurse Partnership.
- Provision of the National Child Measurement Programme at start and completion of primary school.
- Audiology Screening at commencement of primary education.
- Provision of Public Health advice, information and support.
- Provision of enhanced support to children and young people with higher levels of need.
- Ensuring children and vulnerable adults are kept safe.
- Provision of support to schools in developing a full understanding of the health and wellbeing needs of their pupils.
- Provision of Oral Health Promotion.